Sounds of the teenage age... Iron Maiden

You know how most people are embarrassed by the music they were listening when they were in their teenage age, especially like when they were 12 or 13 years old. 
Three days ago I was on the Iron Maiden concert and I really wanted to write how good it was and how  glad I am that I saw  for the second time a band that I liked since very young age, and how lucky I am that they are still touring after all these years. But then it hit me how most people that I know are not that into music that we all started to listen together but they somehow don't like it any more and are even ashamed of it. 

Iron Maiden crew!


Iron Maiden baby! Get muddy or go home!

This being the case I went with people that I weren't there when my love for this band started. Which is great because you can share your stories about how you started to listen to them and what kept your love towards them till present day. My friend's daughter also came to the concert. She travelled from another country to get to the concert. She's at her teenage years now and it was her first heavy metal concert so she was extremely excited about it, and I was glad that I'll be the one she'll share this experience with. We went for a beer before the show, and got there just to see the opening act, during which she asked me could we go a bit more in the front, I asked the rest of friends we were with:" Shall we all go a bit more in front of stage?" but they replied: "No, we're good here." Then she started saying: "Please, please..." But I knew that they will not change their minds, and also how important this is to her, so I said: "Okay, we will go and try to pass a bit more in front. 

We will meet you afterwards at the exit." Boy I didn't regret it. There's only one way to watch actually not to watch because it's hard with all the kicking and jumping and head banging, but to experience Iron Maiden concert. From the front rows! When they started the Kalemegdan Fortress was on fire, and when Bruce Dickinson said: "Scream for me Belgrade, scream!" Belgrade screamed, I could feel their power and all the energy that people produced to their music. 

Moonchild was the opening song and right on the Can I play with madness? the madness started the crowd was jumping , kicking I was moved 10 feet more up front from the spot I was standing, some girls fainted from all of this. It was like this till the end of the show. I cried on the Vincent Churchill's speech  with the sound of planes in the background that is made as intro for Aces High. If you're not familiar with the one:

"We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!


I don't know why but I get very emotional when it comes to war history, so for the rest of the song I recuperated myself from the speech. The song tells the story of a British RAF pilot  fighting against the German Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britain in 1940, the first battle to be completely fought by aircraft. Churchill said after the battle that never in history so many people owed their lives to so few. British had only 350 aircraft in the air and mighty talented pilots that fought bravely for their country and won. One of the guys that stood next to me gave me the look like "WTF is wrong with you?" I guess he doesn't know what is it about, but he's a kid, I didn't know it either back at his age ;) Song Sanctuary was the last song and I felt a bit down because it's maybe the last time I'll see them on tour, but the one that closed the concert venue was Always look on the bright side of life which made much sense to me later when I thought  about it, it was their way of saying not to get stressed over small things and irrelevant things just enjoy life. 

Up the Irons! 
Having realized that I summarized my day at the Maiden show:
-I met a wonderful, gorgeous young girl that happens to be my good friends daughter and that she experienced her first metal concert with me and had a blast. 
-Drank beer with my Yoga instructor and our three friends before the show, we didn't do that in a long time.
-Learned that I still am into music that I adored when I was 12 years old. 
Lovely Milica, daughter of my friend from Montenegro
-It just touched my heart to see so many young people that are into metal music
-Went home by foot because the bus driver didn't want to let me in a bus because of my muddy boots, which is okay since on my way home I met someone who asked me Have you been to the show? I said: "Yes" and we continued talking it turned out we were going in the same direction so I had company and an hour long walk home ;)
- All in all great memories in just one day so remember: "Every second is a lifetime"

Love everybody.